Pathology & Disease
Homeopaths Course Content
Each Unit has many “Activities” which incorporate a range of study skills including reading, writing, copying, drawing, reciting, researching and repertorising. The range of learning experiences and the different material (course, movies, audio and books) makes the course enjoyable and therefore, memorable!
Audio & Movie lectures
Unit 1: Placenta & Breast Feeding (49 mins)
Unit 2: Child Illnesses (55 mins)
Unit 3: Teenagers (55 mins)
Unit 4: Pathological Processes (52 mins)
Unit 5: Male Prostate (37 mins)
Unit 6: Thyroid Gland (30 mins)
Total = 4 hours 38 mins
Unit 1: Pre-conceptual Biology to Weaning (8 mins)
Unit 2: From Infancy to Puberty (13 mins)
Unit 3: Digestive System (12 mins)
Unit 4: Respiratory System (14 mins)
Unit 5: The Breast (9 mins)
Unit 6: Pathology of the Head and Brain (18 mins)
Total = 1 hour 14 mins
Full contents with learning outcomes:
Introduction to pathology & disease
Study of pathology & disease for homeopaths
How to follow this course
Study time & re-enrolment fee
Unsupervised homeopathic prescribing
Refund of course fee
Pre-conceptual biology to weaning
Cell division - mitosis and meiosis
A tiny bit of genetics
Fertilisation of the egg
Implantation and the development of a foetus
Development of the placenta
The three trimesters of pregnancy
Homeopathic treatment in pregnancy
Allopathic treatment in pregnancy
The three stages of labour
Homeopathic treatment during birth
Medical procedures used during labour
Immediate post-natal care of mother and baby
The anatomy and physiology of breast tissue
The role of hormones in breast function
The production of breast milk
The composition of breast milk
The importance of colostrum
The importance of dietary lipids
The diet of the breast feeding mother
Why is breast milk so important?
Homeopathic remedies for breast feeding
The psychological impact of breast feeding
The effects of stress on a baby
Discussion of the rubric ‘forsaken’
Why many of us are obsessed with eating
Common breast symptoms
Homeopathic treatment of breast disorders
From infancy to puberty
Newborns and infants
Meconium aspiration syndrome
Respiratory distress syndrome and physical examination of the baby
Stools and urine
Intellectual, emotional and social development
Development of fine motor skills leading to drawing
Acute childhood illnesses
Respiratory system disorders
Running a busy practice and treating children
Treating behavioural problems in childhood
Mental health disorders which develop in childhood
Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome
Adolescence and puberty
Characteristic changes at puberty
Separation and independence
Development of sexual identity
Common medical problems affecting teenagers
Problems arising in the digestive system
General disorders of the gastro-intestinal tract
Medical history and physical examination
Protection of the gastro-intestinal tract
Specific disorders of the gastro-intestinal tract
Disorders of the liver, gall bladder and pancreas
The Respiratory System
How disease arises in the respiratory tract
The inflammatory process
The development of chronic lung disorders
Cardiovascular system (CVS)
High blood pressure
Low blood pressure
Signs of incipient toxicity
Categorising disease of the urinary system
Recognising the symptoms of urinary tract disorders
Non-infective conditions of the urinary tract
Blood pressure problems
Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
Understanding the male psyche
Why do men not seek help?
Pathology of the male
Pathology of the male reproductive system
Sexually transmitted diseases
Understanding the female psyche
Why do women seek treatment?
Pathology of the female
Disorders of the external genitalia
Disorders of the internal genitalia
Finding symptoms in the repertory
Disease processes and inflammation
Causes and effects of inflammation
Understanding endocrine disorders
Mental health and the Organon
Drug abuse and psychosis
Brain and neurological disorders
The blood brain barrier (BBB)
Myalgic encephalopathy (ME)
The last word
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the development of human life from preconception to weaning.
- Understand pathologies from preconception to weaning and associated.
- Understand the developmental stages from birth to puberty.
- Understand common childhood pathologies and associated homeopathic treatments.
- Understand the developmental changes during adolescence and puberty.
- Understand pathologies and homeopathic treatments during adolescence and puberty.
- Understand the pathologies of the digestive system and associated homeopathic treatments.
- Understand pathologies of the respiratory system and associated homeopathic treatments.
- Understand pathologies of the cardiovascular system and associated homeopathic treatments.
- Understand pathologies of the urinary system and associated homeopathic treatments.
- Understand pathologies of the reproductive system and associated homeopathic treatments.
- Understand pathologies of the musculo-skeletal system and associated homeopathic treatments.
- Understand pathologies of the endocrine system and associated homeopathic treatments.
- Understand mental health disorders and associated homeopathic treatments.